Well its been a busy and if some what hectic couple of weeks. We went to Wales on the weekend for an alt.folk / indie / rock festival called the Greenman – so still feeling tired from that. Festivals and camping can be quite cool I think, here are some Laws that seem to be fixed …
1) festivals involve lots of good music. If there is shit music or no music there is Beer
2) festivals in England are usually sunny … festivals in Wales involve RAIN (copious amounts).
3) festivals give the excuse that you can eat anything – but you’ll pay 10x the amount you’d pay in an corner store.
4) there are great people there – all getting pissed, all wanting to have an argument when you are sleeping at 3am.
5) if the weather is shit, you can be guaranteed there will be a mud bath and people will flock to it
6) toilets … errr (just shut your eyes and hold your breath for 3 mins then run in)
7) the tent part is great, so long as you don’t have to carry the damn thing the 30 mins from where the car is
I’m sure there are many more Laws of music festivals – I’ll remember some more, maybe I’ll read up on Murphy’s Laws!