In no particular order here are a few of my favourite things that
1. Barcelona for Sonar Music Festival – 3 days and 2 nights of music and arts/visuals associated with electronic music
2. Moving to Turkey for 6 months (kind of) work
3. Back to Aus and NZ with Ian
4. e.s.t. jazz trio as part of the London Jazz Festival
5. Sigur Ros live with Amina
6. Radiohead live
7. International Gourmet Veg Dining – Level 42 Sydney, Sketch London, Christophs Amsterdam – and so many others!
8. Shakespeare at the RSC in Stratford-upon-Avon and in particular, the Knee High Theatre Company
So my father returns from his pilgrims walk around northern Spain on Monday. Having been gone only 7 weeks, he did the walk faster than we all expected and went on to see more.
Since finishing the walk 2 weeks ago, he has travelled to Portugal – Fatima as part of the pilgrimage and then to Lisbon. He then bused to Madrid and took a slow slow painful bus to Paris. He’s there right now and I hope he’s enjoying himself. I’m betting he comes back a little more tired a little too sore and probably never wants to walk anywhere ever again! But congrats on actually doing the walk.
This week I’ll try to organise for him to come to visit Istanbul with me. It’s something to jump at. I’ll be down there this week for meetings with my project team and possible partners to work with. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to go out and look around some more. Thanks to JJ for his steady support and supply of articles on where to go out.